Aetna Insurance Group Disability Claim Denials
When you don’t fight back after Aetna has denied your disability claim, you are just putting money in their pockets. Aetna denies disability claims knowing that many people will just give up. Don’t let this be you. Think about it, you’ve paid for disability insurance coverage for years, now, when you and your family need it most, Aetna has turned their backs to you, wrongfully denying your disability claim. You don’t have to accept a denial. Call a disability insurance lawyer from Mehr, Fairbanks & Peterson Trial Lawyers now.
Understanding Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance from Aetna
Aetna is an LTD insurance company that offers policies to cover part of your income if you become disabled for an extended period of time. It is important that you understand your policy to avoid unnecessary delays and denials of your disability claims.
Know the limitations of your Aetna policy
Aetna disability insurance policies may limit things like:
- Only cover certain illnesses or injuries
- Require you need to miss a certain number of workdays before your disability benefit begins
- Limit how long you can receive benefits
- Deny coverage after a certain age
- Require you to undergo rehabilitation services to help you return to work
- Discount the amount you receive based on your other income
So carefully read and understand Aetna’s disability policy before filing a claim. Aetna may further limit benefits after 24 months if your disability is primarily caused by or due to:
- A mental health or psychiatric condition (unless the condition includes structural brain damage).
- Alcohol and/or substance (drug) abuse.
Aetna may also exclude group LTD benefits for any period that you are in jail or prison as the result of a criminal conviction. Despite the health condition you may find yourself in during this time, Aetna will not consider you disabled pursuant to this exclusion, check your coverage to be sure.
Call Us If Aetna Denies Your Claim
Don’t give up when your claim is denied. Call the disability attorneys at Mehr, Fairbanks & Peterson Trial Lawyers today. We will fight to get you paid.