Lexington Kentucky Long Term Disability Lawyer
Erik Peterson is a partner at Mehr, Fairbanks & Peterson Trial Attorneys. He is an experienced long term disability lawyer. If your LTD claim has been denied, he can help.
Erik Peterson has broad experience representing plaintiffs in complex class and direct actions in trial and appellate courts around the United States and Kentucky. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Peterson was associated with Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins LLP and Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check LLP, where he prosecuted class actions nationwide. Mr. Peterson also served as Law Clerk to United States District Court Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove, Eastern District of Kentucky.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Kentucky, Master of Public Administration, with honors
- James Madison University, B.A., History
- Insurance bad faith litigation
- Insurance and consumer class action litigation
- Long term disability claims
Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Association v. Medtronic, Inc. – $85 million settlement.
- Represented lead plaintiffs in a securities fraud class action concerning disclosures related to the promotion of one of Medtronic’s products for “off-label” use. See Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Ass’n v. Medtronic, Inc., 278 F.R.D. 454 (D. Minn. 2011).
In re SunPower Securities Litigation – $19.7 million settlement.
- Represented lead plaintiffs in securities fraud class action concerning disclosures related to SunPower’s accounting. See In re Sunpower Secs. Litig., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 152920 (N.D. Cal. 2011).
In re SemGroup Energy Partners, L.P. Securities Litigation – settlement consisting of $22.8 million cash and securities valued at $5.2 million.
- Represented lead plaintiff in a securities fraud class action concerning the business and financial condition of SemGroup Energy Partners, L.P. See In re SemGroup Energy Partners, L.P., 729 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (N.D. Okla. 2010).