Elizabeth Thornsbury is an associate with Mehr, Fairbanks & Peterson Trial Lawyers.
Her practice focuses on insurance bad faith litigation, short-term disability claims and long-term disability claims.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 2014
(CALI Award for Legal Drafting, Fall 2013)
- University of Kentucky College of Education, 2011
(Cum Laude; Dean’s List: Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010)
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Insurance Bad Faith Claims
- Employee benefit claims for short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
Ms. Thornsbury is native of Southern West Virginia and has resided in Lexington, Kentucky for eight years upon moving here to attend the University of Kentucky. She is an active member of programs focused on helping the youth of the country, including two previous summers spent working with AmeriCorps Energy Express for underprivileged children. Ms. Thornsbury previously acted as Co-President for the National Middle School Association, UK Chapter and as a Student Ambassador for the National Reading Association.
Prior to graduation, Ms. Thornsbury spent two summers as a judicial clerk. Following law school graduation and the Kentucky Bar Exam, Ms. Thornsbury began working with Mehr, Fairbanks & Peterson Trial Lawyers, PLLC as a law clerk. In October 2014, she joined the firm as an associate upon passing the Kentucky Bar Exam.
- AmeriCorps Energy Express
- Volunteer with Shriner’s Hospital
- Volunteer with Special Olympics